August eighteen, 2020
Emails have become an important part of online communication and advertising. In this guide, we’ll show you how to create a professional email address that promotes your company and boosts trust. In addition , you’ll find configuration instructions for e-mail clients to help you manage all the brand new mailboxes efficiently.
Using the rising popularity of mobile devices, checking your email takes less time plus effort than ever before ( fun fact : over half of all of the emails worldwide are being open through smartphones).
As of today, over 90% of adults in the United States admit to using email every day. Thus, if you wish to reach a large audience, email marketing is a great way to get the job done.
Regarding business owners, email is one of the top tools to communicate with potential customers and companions. So , it’s important to have a individualized email address. One way to achieve this is simply by creating a custom email box utilizing a domain name (e. g., John@MyDomain. com ), instead of a generic free one (e. gary the gadget guy., John@Gmail. com ). Making a custom email address will:
- Add trust to your brand – a custom domain in the address field adds more reliability.
- Give a lot more control – management is easier, conveniently create and delete mailboxes.
- Promote your business – people may be tempted to check the website you are running.
To produce a new email account, follow these types of five simple steps:
Let’s dive in!
1 . Register a Domain Name
The process of making a custom current email address starts by registering a website name. You can do that right here on Hostinger using our domain checker tool for as low as $0. 99 !
Enter the website name that you wish to register, and if it is available, you’ll see a list of practical options.
For a more in-depth approach, considering checking our complete domain buying guide.
Did you know? Personal free domains are included in annual High quality & Business web hosting plans! Get a web address , hosting , and email services with a single buy !
If you have an existing area, you can use it too! All you need to do is add it to your web hosting account and point the DNS to our servers. Alternatively, it’s achievable to transfer the domain name to Hostinger (though it is not mandatory).
2 . Choose an Email Web hosting Provider
Now that you have the domain name ready, the next step is picking a message host. In fact , we offer email hosting services right here on Hostinger.
Here’s what you can use to create a professional email address:
- Business Email – All web hosting plans include one free business mailbox.
- Enterprise Email – A premium email hosting solution offers extra features, increased sending volumes, and various equipment to improve workflow.
Existing Hostinger users can find the particular premium mail upgrades in the Power Store section of the member area.
If you only need email hosting, the particular premium choices are recommended. However , in case you also plan to host a website, a standard web hosting package will much better fit your needs.
3. Setup the Email Services
Based on which mail service you choose, the steps to set it up and create an email accounts may slightly differ.
Since all our web hosting plans consist of email by default, you only need to make sure that your domain is pointed correctly. As soon as that’s taken care of, you can create an email box and use various other associated services in the control panel.
To create an email account, simply access the Email Accounts area, and you’ll find all the essential tools.
Once this step is completed, you are ready to use the service!
High quality Email Solutions
On the other hand, we offer three different mail solutions that are worth considering. If you’re not planning to use hosting, these tools are the perfect choice, as they allow you to have functional email services without owning a web hosting account.
Business Email Services
An affordable, yet fairly powerful mail sending solution with the tools to reach your email marketing objectives.
As soon as you purchase this product, you will find a setup wizard in the the control panel.
- Once you start it, you will need to enter your domain name plus make a few DNS changes.
- If your domain is directed to Hostinger, everything will be done automatically .
- Lastly, you’ll be redirected to a management page, where you will be able to create an email account plus access your webmail.
Enterprise Email Service
The following solution includes a few extra tools and larger delivering limits that are suitable for bigger businesses.
However , the process of setting it up is nearly identical.
- After adding your domain, you’ll have to make a few changes in the DNS area.
- Keep in mind that we will make DNS automatically if your domain points to our nameservers.
- You can then create a brand new email account and start sending.
GSuite is a powerful mail alternative developed by Google, which is also available on our platform.
Once you order it, the setup wizard will appear in your control panel.
- If your area is pointed to Hostinger, most required MX records will be added automatically .
- Otherwise, you will need to perform the Google MX record change by hand.
- As soon as you complete this, you will have access to a management solar panel that allows you to create an admin email account and perform management tasks.
Click on the Create key to start the administrative mailbox set up.
Once you fill in the details, go on and access the newly created administrative account.
To finalize the setup and begin using the services, you will also need to verify your area with Google.
4. Configure Your Email Addresses
Personalizing your email address can give it a professional feel.
- If you’re running a business, then you’ll need a couple of general-purpose mailboxes (such as contact@example. com or support@example. com ).
- If your goal is to do outreach, you’ll need something different. Since personalization is a big part of profitable campaigns, you can go for something like firstname@example. com or firstname. lastname@example. com ).
According to an email open rate study, around 69% of recipients take the from address into account when deciding whether or not to click or skip a message.
Another element you can add is a signature. You can include your company’s information such as contact details, logo design, email, etc ., which will increase your brand name visibility.
There are several free tools that can help you make a professional and eye-catching email signature. Some of them include:
Once produced, head over to your email settings and you’ll be able to paste it within. For example , if you’re using Hostinger’s webmail, all the actions will take place in Webmail › Settings › Identities section.
5. Set Up an Email Client
If you have a lot of email accounts, using an email client is a good way to manage them in one place. Below, you’ll find step-by-step instructions on how to configure a Thunderbird or even Mac Mail client (and how to locate the required details to do so).
Locating IMAP/POP3 and SMTP server settings
To start, go to your hosting control panel. In line with the email service that you chose, the particular configuration will differ. Here’s a fast rundown on where to find the settings that you need.
Hostinger Business/Enterprise Email
Navigate to the Email Accounts section. There, you’ll see an Email details table with all the mail machine settings.
Open up Gmail and log in. After that, click on the gear icon in the upper-right side of your screen and go to Settings . Find the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
Make sure to set IMAP as enabled and save the changes. Then, an extra section with the email client construction settings will appear.
For more details, consider checking the official IMAP set up guide by Google.
Adding a Mailbox to the E-mail Client
Since you’ve got all the incoming and outgoing mail server details, the remaining step adds to your home them to your email client. Here is how the process would look like using two popular email clients: Thunderbird and Mac Mail.
Open up the Mozilla Thunderbird client. Under the Accounts tab, click the Email button.
First, you’ll need to enter your details: name , current email address , and password .
Next, you will need to enter the incoming/outgoing mail server plus port , which we located earlier. Here’s an example of the final result while using default Hostinger email services.
That’s it! You can now send emails and manage everything directly from your Mozilla Thunderbird client.
Open your Mac Mail client and navigate to Mail › Add Account . Then, click on Other Mail Account . Here’s what you should see:
Within the first step, you’ll need to complete the necessary details: name , email address , and password .
Then, enter the incoming/outgoing mail server values and ports , which we located previously. Once finished, click the blue Sign In button to finalize the setup.
Congratulations! You can now effectively manage all your mailboxes in a single place.
5 Tips to Get the Best Email Performance and CTR
Sending out a bunch of emails is not really rocket science. But preparing good-quality mail campaigns that engage and sell is something that you’ll need to work on.
Here are a few tips that will improve your email performance and click through rate:
- Work on the subject line . Although it may seem like a trivial matter, the particular mail subject line plays an enormous role in your email performance. Based on an email study, around 70% of individuals report mail as spam solely by looking at the subject.
- Personalize your emails . Including a person’s name in the subject or body of the text can increase the chances of your mail becoming opened. Get to know your audience plus optimize your content to suit their requirements.
- Add a CTA . Ideally, the user who scans your email will want to take action. This is usually the aim of every marketing campaign. Hence, crafting a solid CTA is crucial if you want to succeed.
- Be mobile-friendly . According to an article by CampaignMonitor, mobile users convert much better than those who open emails on a desktop. Not only that, but more and more people use their own phones to check emails instead of a personal computer.
- Test before you send . Since there are many factors that you need to get right, send a test email to yourself before launching a campaign. Make sure to check exactly how it looks through a smartphone as well!
By finishing this guide, you’ve explored the various ways to make a domain-based email account that stimulates your business. Unlocking the secrets of email marketing will take some time, so the sooner you start – the better! All that is left is to grab an email web hosting package and get to it.